October 23rd, 2018 Monday, Manomav Engineers conducted their 8th Pratham Meet with Mr. Mudit Vijayvergiya, the co-founder and director of Curofy, the premium networking app for the doctors. He is a graduated from IITD in 2013. Winner of IIT Delhi alumni award, 2014, Mudit has been a passionate speaker at various leading summits on topics related to Entrepreneurship, Leadership. He is also recently selected in Forbes India 30 under 30 list of 2018. His presence at the Pratham Meet made a great impact as he shared his thoughts on leadership development through real-life examples. He started off with a small interaction with all the guests present in the room, asking them a few simple questions like, where do they see themselves after a few years? And how do they define success? We got a variety of answers from everyone like from opening a food joint to owning businesses into different fields. Followed by a little team building group activity. Wherein, one member was to share his glitches, he is experiencing in achieving his goals, while the others would engage in analyzing the problem statements and come up with possible solutions. Through this exercise, Mr. Vijayvergia concluded the session by telling that how can one work towards his or her goals to achieve something in life by actively fixing the problems in the way.
Project Cost Of Management by Raj Vikash Singh As the meeting continued, now it was time for the second speaker of the day, Mr. Raj Vikas Singh, project manager at Manomav Engineers to come up with his second presentation on this platform. He is an ace master in the scope and cost management for different kinds of projects and is one of the oldest members of the Manomav Engineers. He started off with a brief description of ‘Cost Management and its importance and principles of direct and indirect cost involved in a particular project. He also explained that how can a cost management plan be implemented in the construction project to get a cost budget and controlled cost factor at site. Then he took everyone through a sample cost budgeting sheet and S curve prepared for a particular project. The session concluded with lots of discussion and Q&A.
Management Process & Report By Vanshaj Raj Behel Vanshaj Raj Bahal, the third Speaker for the day in his presentation, shared his personal career experience with Manomav Engineers. He opened his speech with “we can lead a horse to pond but we cannot make him drink water and same goes with humans, we can show them the path but it’s in their hands how to reach success”. He took his real life example of how he joined Manomav and how was he constantly supported by the three A’s of Manomav.
8th September 2018, Manoj Sharma, Ghaziabad.
Manomav Engineers (ME) has implemented their strategic process of conducting monthly Systematic Review Meetings (SRM) at Corporate Office, Ghaziabad for making Project Managers more responsible. First SRM of Manomav was conducted on 11th August 2018 and the second SRM is conducted on 8th September 2018.
Manomav has an ambitious growth plan to capture the monitoring space of construction industry with their innovative technology and processes. The order book of Manomav has grown up to 200% in last year and company is eyeing to build their presence at PAN India Level.
“Keeping it in mind, Manomav has developed their front line of project managers in last six months and conducting SRM to implement its complete strategic move. This move will develop a sense of ownership and responsibility in the mindset of project managers,” said Abhinav Bhardwaj, Director – Manomav Engineers
These meetings act as a coordination point for Business Development, Operation, Finance, Human Resource, and Marketing Requirements. Executive Directors of the company are also actively participating in SRMs and engaging remote site using TeleConference. Manomav is currently having more than 18 operational sites which is distributed at PAN India Level with latest bookings coming from customers like Tata and HDFC.
Manomav Engineers has conducted Sixth Pratham Meet at Chaayos, Gurugram. Early morning rain has not stopped Manomav Engineers from conducting their monthly talks on Construction Monitoring and Technology. Due to heavy rain, the venue was changed at last minute from The Entrepreneurship School to Chaayos, One Horizon Centre. The Chief Guest Mr. Paramjit Singh Saha, Managing Director of EPA Infrastructure was not able to make up to venue because of same reason of heavy rain in Gurugram. This session of Pratham got restricted to the presentation from team members of Manomav to the community.
This session was casually started by Abhinav Bhardwaj while addressing the meeting participants. On this occasion first presenter Mr. Gopal Negi has presented on Green Building concept of IGBC. He shared the information about the parameters of green building, it relevance and design considerations. He has also shared the statistics including the facts about first green building airport as Hyderabad Airport and first green building as Godrej. He briefed about the responsibilities of Project Managers on Green Building.
The next presentation was conducted by Abhinav Bhardwaj on Inter personal skills where he has shared the four level of communication including Small Talk, Facts, View & Opinion, and Personal Feelings. He shared a golden rule of having good conversation by asking elaborative questions to start the conversation which includes What, How and Why instead of asking Yes or No.
As per format of Pratham, audience has selected the best among equals of the day as Best Presenter and Best Evaluator. Best Presenter was selected as Mr. Gopal Negi and Best Evaluator is selected as Mr. Akhil Saxena.
This meeting ended up with lot of fun and few capture moments are shared below. The photographs session during the meeting can be explored from the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/xmLV9At77C6aRLYEA
“Outsourcing It or Doing It In-house, is a question which comes in mind of almost all companies, regardless of type of industry. The answer, unfortunately, is not so black and white.”
I am currently working in Construction Project Management Consultancy and Engineering Services Company which has worked with ranges of brands, including emerging brands to established brands, in today’s market. We as Project Management Consultants helps you to concentrate on your core business while we take care of your construction delivery. Our customers get experienced professionals from very beginning of project who follows processes which are already working successfully on various projects. The experience which comes to your construction projects is actually the learning which has happened over multiple projects.
However there are both benefits and drawbacks of doing construction management In-House. For Instance, In-house teams of professionals develops a better understanding of your company’s working procedures but their technical learning are limited to individual capability and experience. This is fine for regular daily operations but could prove to be problematic when a specialized skill set is required for certain projects.
Comparatively, Outsourced teams of professional, may lack the first-hand experience of company’s internal workings. But as a PMC, we can often count on the fact that we will come with a range of expertise that is bound to address the company’s needs for long term success of project.
When deciding which avenue to venture down, I often advise prospective clients to consider their organization vision towards construction which majorly comprises of size and number of projects you are building along with your core offering.
- If your core offering/expertise is not construction,
- then going in-house might not be a good choice for you. The team building exercise for construction might take entire duration of project and it become waste of time if you are doing construction in rare scenarios. (Suggested Choice – Outsource)
- In case you see construction as a recurring activity, then you should recruit key professionals for your in-house working and outsource the project monitoring. It will actually make you independent from PMC and In-house workings while having maker-checker concept on your projects. (Suggested Choice – Mixed Team)
- If you core offering/expertise is related to construction, then going in-house is a good choice for you. The next question in line “How many projects are you developing in a year?”.
- In case you are developing a single project, then going in-house is probably the best choice, as you will be face a long-term commitment and lofty international goals. Your team will be under one roof; your team members will share your vision and you can easily change the direction of your project at a moment’s notice. (Suggested Choice – Inhouse)
- However, if you have ambitious target of completing construction projects and focus on other outcomes of Real Estate Construction, you should work with mix of In-house and Project Management Team. You should have core team to drive construction of projects and project management teams for specific projects which make them more answerable. In these case, selection of right PMC plays a vital role and you can play with different pmc combinations on different projects (Suggested Choice – Mixed Team)
- In case, you’re working on a totally new idea or building a number of project’s in a year but lacks a full-blown team to give your project the kickstart it deserves, then seeking outside help will likely be your best bet. You can spend your energy over rigorous marketing campaigns to the eventual launch of the project while dedicated group of specialists will ensure delivery with their tested processes. It will not only save you money in long run but ensure an integral success to the project. (Suggested Choice – Outsource)
You’ll want to take your time to hire the right people who are eager to grow with you from day one. Outsourcing PMC is not only for those who are just starting out; established builders and developers can also benefit from this strategy. Many big companies simply do not have the manpower, equipment or expertise to handle certain projects, which needs latest implemented technologies in field of construction.
For any Project Management and Engineering Consultancy Connect us at +91-120-4356006 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are specialized in Latest Construction Monitoring Technologies, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Quantity Surveying (QS), Bar Bending Schedule (BBS), Cost; Quality; & Scheduling Audits, Material Management Software, 3D Walkthroughs, Training on Primavera/MS Project, and Home Inspection
In the current year, Manomav Engineers
has booked another project from prestigious client Jayna kitchenware. More Information about the client is available at.
This Project is a High-end Residential Project of Industrialist Mr. Naresh Jain, Jayna industry into kitchen sinks.
With Booking of this Project, Manomav Engineers will have many Benefits. Few are listed below.
1) It will give exposure to Industrial Clients.
2) With this, we are doing three high-end residential projects with the same jobs.
3) Learning of ME Team for High-End Finishing Items will grow.
4) Process Improvement for Design and coordination.
Manomav expects a revenue of Rs. Rs.650,000.00 in their books from the current deal.