Hospital Buildings has evolved a lot in last 25 years. Timely delivery of Projects has become a key factor though typically hospitals are taking 3-5 years in completion. In these time, various new developments has happened in construction industry including,
- Building Maintenance System (BMS)
- Recycling of Water in WTP
- Flooring Selection from Hygienic Point of View
- Washroom Flooring with Artistic thoughts
- Operation Theatre with Conductive Flooring
- Hardware with copper fittings
- Glass Technology
Above are few of the latest technologies which has changed the hospital buildings built in past.
Mr. Rajendra Vats, chief Projects, C K Birla Group has highlighted various safety concerns related to patients during 2nd Annual India Hospital Design and Build Summit 2019 at Le Meridien, Gurugram including
- Positive/Negative Pressures for managing better air circulation for infection control
- Water Usage for Domestic and Drinking Purpose
- Fire Safety with usage of Sprinkler, Smoke Extretation, Pressurisation, Hydrant, Mechanical Systems)
He shared that external power supply through shafts should be supplied to these systems and which can further be backed up with UPS on external surfaces which can be useful in case of emergency.
Integration of BIM was discussed in same panel which seems obvious future to the panelists. Manomav was started in 2012 with BIM Services. We have already served various projects ranging from INR 10 Crore wroth to INR 300 Crore worth when it comes to successful implementation of Building Information Technology.
We have interesting observation when it comes to BIM Implementation. Abhinav Bhardwaj, Director – Manomav Engineers believes that any construction is design at GFC level by Architects which is further detailed at Shop Drawings level by Contractors. In current implementation plan, architects & consultants are getting ready to adopt BIM however the ecosystem is incomplete without implementing it with contractors at Shop Drawing level where Manomav can play a vital role. Manomav has incorporating BIM in its Project Management Services for building better control on Project Monitoring during execution.